I’m a Lawyer—Can My 18-Year-Old Kid Actually Book a Room Tonight?

I’m a Lawyer—Can My 18-Year-Old Kid Actually Book a Room Tonight? travel, age of majority, and property manager rules shape this. Many families ask, can my newly adult child reserve a hotel now.
Booking Power at 18 I’m a Lawyer—Can My 18-Year-Old Kid Actually Book a Room Tonight? is generally treated as an adult. Studies indicate US contracts recognize people 18 as legally competent to enter agreements.
How Hotels Manage Risk Property teams usually accept reservations from guests 18. Some may request extra ID or a parent signature if policy or local law suggests risk. Others require a valid card and security deposit at check in.
Simple Takeaway For most hotels, an 18-year-old can book and stay alone under standard policies.
FAQ
- Q: Can a hotel refuse an 18-year-old booking? A: Yes, if they have stricter rules, or during high risk periods.
- Q: Does a parent need to pay or show up? A: Generally no, unless the property asks or the bill fails.









