What Happens at the 6-Year Mark? H1-B Extension Truth Bomb

What Happens at the 6-Year Mark? H1-B Extension Truth Bomb

H1-B Extensions at Six Years: A Critical Moment For US Workers

Employment trends drive urgency around status at year six. Many professionals seek clarity on H1-B pathways when timelines approach major checkpoints.

What Happens at the 6-Year Mark? H1-B Extension Truth Bomb Is A Status Limit

What Happens at the 6-Year Mark? H1-B Extension Truth Bomb is a cap that restricts certain extensions unless an approved I-140 petition is filed. This rule protects workers transitioning toward permanent residency within the system.

Why This Policy Shapes Career Planning

Studies indicate that timely I-140 approval allows extensions beyond the standard limit. Understanding this process helps employers and employees coordinate steps effectively, reducing gaps in lawful presence.

Quick Definition

The six-year cap limits H1-B extensions unless an I-140 is approved, enabling continued work while pursuing a green card through employer sponsorship.

H3: FAQ

Q: Can I stay beyond six years if my I-140 was filed early? Yes, approved or pending I-140 petitions can allow extensions up to three additional years.

Q: What happens if the I-140 is denied? You generally must leave the US or change status once the six-year limit is reached.

Related Articles

Trending Articles